Terms and Conditions
Last Update: 02, April, 2020 15:00 GMT +02:00
www.cyberedu.ro website (hereinafter “WEBSITE”) has been created by Cyber Security Research Center from Romania - CCSIR (or. Asociatia Centrul de Cercetare in Securitate Informatica din Romania), (hereinafter “CyberEDU”), in order to provide information and access to services for Users of the WEBSITE.
IMPORTANT! This is a binding Agreement between CyberEDU and the User of the WEBSITE. By using the WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. In case of disagreement with the terms and conditions of use, the User must not use the services and the content of the WEBSITE.
1. Agreement to terms and conditions of use
Before visiting or using our webpages and services, read carefully the following Terms and Conditions of Use of the WEBSITE. Every time you make use of the WEBSITE you agree that you accept fully and without any reservation the Terms and Conditions of Use contained herein and undertake to comply with them.
Registration to use the Website is restricted to individuals who are 16 years of age or older or those who possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, and representations herein. By registering to use the WEBSITE, you hereby represent that you meet one of the criteria set forth above and CyberEDU is not responsible for any use by Users who do not meet the above properties.
In case of disagreement with the terms and conditions of use, the User must not use the services and the content of the WEBSITE.
CyberEDU may temporarily or permanently discontinue operation of the WEBSITE for any reason and at any time. CyberEDU reserves the right to make modifications and updates on the WEBSITE and its contents, layout and presentation, at any time and without prior notice. These Terms and Conditions of Use can be reviewed and up-dated at any moment and without previous warning. Therefore Users must read this document carefully each time before they make use of the WEBSITE.
2. Intellectual property rights
The entire content of the WEBSITE, including for example, text, graphics, photos, digital phonograms, programs, representations source code, news, articles, information, data, drawings, illustrations, trademarks, distinctive marks, names, logos, product names, company names, services provided etc and in general, archives of every kind is subject to copyright which belongs exclusively to the CyberEDU or its content suppliers and is governed by the applicable National, European and International provisions on Intellectual Property. Furthermore is made available to Users strictly for personal (non-commercial – non-profit) use.
Is expressly prohibited any copying, reproduction, republication, transfer, storage, processing, transmission, distribution, sale, issuance, execution, loading (download), translation or modification in any manner, communication, dissemination or any other use of the content of the WEBSITE in any manner or means, for commercial or other purposes whatsoever, in part or in summary form, without the prior written consent of the CyberEDU.
Nothing contained on the WEBSITE should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any CyberEDUs Intellectual Property without the prior written consent of CyberEDU.
All goodwill generated from the use of any CyberEDUs Intellectual Property shall inure to CyberEDUs benefit. CyberEDU reserves the right to seek all remedies available for any violation of these terms and conditions.
Any other trademarks, badges, product names, company names, graphics and logos registered trademarks and intellectual property rights of third parties that appear on this WEBSITE are the property of their respective owners and within their sphere of responsibility.
For any question relating to the reproduction rights of any part of the WEBSITE, as well as for applications for authorization regarding reproduction of content, please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Rights and Obligations of the User
- Users are allowed to register once on the Website. When registering for an account on the Website you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information and to promptly update the information you provide to us when it changes.
- User must abstain from any unlawful, inappropriate and abusive use of the content and the services provided on this WEBSITE at all times, in accordance with the existing legislation, and respect the intellectual property rights of CyberEDU,
- Users may not carry out any action via the services made available to them by CyberEDU which will cause damage to or alteration of the WEBSITE’s content, or hinder the correct functioning of the same.
- Users may not cause any technical problems of any type, transfer elements likely to carry computer virus or which may totally or partially damage, interfere with or intercept this WEBSITE or property of others.
- Users may not use the web site for business, advertising, self-promotion or promotion of third parties without the express written permission of CyberEDU.
- Users are required to gain their entry and create an CyberEDU User account to access and use some parts of the WEBSITE.
- Users are solely responsible for their Username and password. Login information is individual and non-transferable. If Users account is lost, forgotten or has been modified or stolen he should contact us as soon as possible so we can take the necessary actions.
- Users must behave properly, kindly and with discretion during visiting and using the WEBSITE, whereas the adoption of unfair competition practices are strictly forbidden
- Users may practice to the predetermined areas for them to use.
- Users may upload their "Challenges" in the Website in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use
- Users are allowed to write their own "Write-ups" for "Challenges" in the Website
- Users are allowed to write comments and replies to "Challenges" in the Website but without providing hints or attack any other player
IMPORTANT! Users are liable for .
Failure to comply with this Agreement may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting, material or Content uploaded by you to our Website;
- issue of a public (via the Website) or private warning to you;
- limit the amount of postings you may make;
- limit the amount of access you have to the Website's services
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (any cost caused by the behavior of the User and which would otherwise not occur) or damages they may incur through inappropriate use or non-compliance with these terms and conditions of use
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- other legal action against you;
4. "Challenges" uploaded by Users
Users may upload their own "challenge" on the WEBSITE for other Users to practice in cyber security but only with the previous expressed permission of CyberEDU and under the following conditions:
- User/creator cannot publish or share in general anywhere the "solution" of the "challenge".
- User/creator of the "challenge" - grants CyberEDU non-exclusive rights of use and distribution of the "challenge".
- The name of the User/creator of the "challenge" – will be visible on the "challenge", unless otherwise agreed.
- The "Challenge" description may contain information about the original author/contest where was initially published or any other references about the author of the challenge.
5. Limitation of liability
The content of the WEBSITE is made available as it stands and CyberEDU does not provide any guarantee, explicit or no, on the technical quality, soundness, timeliness, commercial potential, appropriateness of its content related to every use, application or purpose.
CyberEDU does not guarantee that the webpages, services, options and contents will be provided without interruption, errors, or that every single error will be corrected and that all the questions submitted will be answered.
CyberEDU does not guarantee that the WEBSITE or any other associated website or servers, through which the content is made available to the Users, are provided without any “virus” or harmful component. The User’s entry to the “closed network” - (“CyberEDU Network”) shall be performed under his own responsibility.
Anything provided to the Users through our WEBSITE shall not be regarded in any way, directly or indirectly, as stimulation, advice or instigation to commitment of any unlawful action. All publications or services provided have a clear educational purpose, such as upgrading User’s skills in penetration testing/forensics/incident response and other cyber security related testing. Every User acts based upon his private will and ethics being the sole responsible for his actions.
CyberEDU bares no responsibility for any misuse and/or inappropriate use of the services of the WEBSITE by a User. For any damages caused , to the WEBSITE, to the Network, to another User or to any third Party, the sole responsible is the User that carried out the above mentioned actions.
CyberEDU under no circumstances, including the case of negligence, shall be held responsible for any kind of damage, which the User of the WEBSITE may suffer given that they access on their own initiative.
The placing of these links does not indicate approval or acceptance of the content of the corresponding websites by CyberEDU. Third party websites that may be reached through our WEBSITE are not subject to the principles laid down herein. CyberEDU does not accept any responsibility or liability, does not guarantee their availability and bares no responsibility for any of their content and services, neither for their protection of confidentiality practices.
User will make use of such links on his own responsibility and for any problems, that may arise during the visit or the use of these websites, User should address to the corresponding website.
7. Applicable Law and other Terms.
The above terms and conditions of use of the WEBSITE as well as any modification or change are governed by the applicable laws. Any provision of the terms mentioned above which is contrary to the legislative framework or has been outdated, will be assumed as inoperative automatically and it shall be removed from the present document without affecting the force of the remaining terms.
This document constitutes comprehensive Agreement between Cyber Security Research Center from Romania - CCSIR (or. Asociatia Centrul de Cercetare in Securitate Informatica din Romania) and the User of its services and it commits only them. No modification will be taken under consideration and will be regarded as part of it unless written and signed by CyberEDU.
Hereby it is explicitly agreed that the disputes which may arise from the implementation of the present terms and in general from the use of the WEBSITE by its User in case of no amicable solution, are governed by the Hellenic Law and fall within the jurisdiction of the Courts of the City of Piraeus.
Notices, requests, permissions, waivers, and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be mailed by registered or certified mail, sent by electronic mail or otherwise delivered by hand.
If you wish to communicate with Cyber Security Research Center from Romania - CCSIR (or. Asociatia Centrul de Cercetare in Securitate Informatica din Romania), please contact us by sending an e-mail to the following address email@example.com. Furthermore, if you have noted any kind of problems in the content of the node related with legal or moral issues, in particular regarding the reproduction and the use of intellectual property rights, you are kindly asked to let us know under the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.